By: Gillian B
In the spring, our bodies go through a natural cleansing process with the change in season. It is the perfect time to do a cleanse or a detox because this is when it is most supported by nature. (That’s why it’s called “spring cleaning” after all!)
As the weather gets warmer, we are more inclined to incorporate more raw foods into our diet along with bitter roots and astringent herbs. The added fiber and living enzymes act to scrub the lining of our intestines, leaving us with a fresh start!
My raw tomato soup recipe is a great way to welcome spring.
Spicy Raw Tomato Soup
- 2 cups roughly chopped tomatoes
- 2 sun-dried tomato slices, soaked
- 1 large avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 cup spring water
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (reserve—do not blend)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp of oregano (optional)
- Himalayan sea salt to taste
- Soak sun-dried tomato slices for at least 30 minutes.
- Roughly chop and combine all ingredients (except the 1/2 cup of diced tomatoes) in a high powered blender, such as a NutriBullet.
- Blend until smooth, then remove from the blender and combine with the remaining tomatoes. This will add a nice texture to the soup.
- Season to taste and then serve fresh!
A while ago, I put together a Raw Food Cleanse Ebook, and as a gift to you for being so awesome, I am giving it away for free! You can download your copy HERE and get cleansing today! You will learn:
- What the body needs during cleanses.
- The importance of buying organic.
- The how and why of soaking foods before eating.
- The importance of drinking enough water both on and off the cleanse.
- The benefits and how-to of juicing.
- About raw foods and why they are so much healthier.
- Six awesome raw soup recipes.
- How to make easily digestible snacks and shakes.
- Why cleansing is so important.
- Awesome cleanse boosting activities.
- How to reduce your daily toxin exposure post cleanse.