By Gillian B
This is a totally delicious snack that is perfect for parties, especially when served with my dehydrator crackers! This recipe is a nice alternative to hummus and could also be used as a rose-style pasta sauce.
Roasted Red Pepper Dip
- 3 red bell peppers
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- ¾ cup walnuts, soaked overnight and rinsed
- 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp coconut oil for sautéing
- Optional: Longevity Hot Sauce
- Soak walnuts overnight, drain, rinse and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Roast 3 whole peppers, turning every few minutes for about 20 minutes until the skin begins to bubble.
- Remove from oven and let cool. While cooling, sauté chopped onions in coconut oil until soft, add garlic and spices.
- Once cooled, carefully remove skin, stems and seeds of peppers. The skin should come off pretty easily! Roughly chop the peeled peppers.
- Next, combine all ingredients into a high-powered blender like a Nutribullet, blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Serve with Raw Dehydrator Crackers, cut up veggie sticks or whatever your heart desires!