By Gillian B
Are you an avid juicer but hate wasting all of your pulp? There are many ways to use your pulp, like composting, feeding your pets and making veggie “meatballs.” However, this eco-friendly recipe is one of my favourite ways to put the veggie goodness to good use!
These delicious crackers are super high in fibre and protein so they make for the perfect snack!
Raw Juice Pulp Cracker Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups leftover vegetable pulp
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup ground flax meal
- 1/2 cup soaked pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon curry powder or cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine all the above ingredients in a food processor or Vitamix and run the machine until the mixture resembles a sticky dough.
- Spread the mixture over the Teflex sheets of a dehydrator (I use an Excalibur and I love it!) using a spatula, and thin it out to about 3-4mm thickness. (Parchment paper works well here, too!)
- Dehydrate at 105ºF for approximately 4 hours.
- At around the 4-hour mark, carefully flip the sheets over and score lines on the surface to your desired cracker shape.
- Place back into dehydrator for approximately 8 hours, or longer if you like them extra crunchy.
- Remove, and break along the scored lines. Store in an airtight container in the pantry.
**Note: If you don’t have a dehydrator, you can use the oven on its lowest setting. Some recommend leaving the oven door open a crack and checking it regularly to prevent destroying the living enzymes (and burning)!