By Gillian B
Who says pizza has to be ‘bad’ for you? This recipe takes a classic comfort food and gives it superpowers. The crust uses very few ingredients, is easy to make, high in protein and totally gluten-free! Best ever!
Easy Quinoa Crust Pizza
Makes 2 individual pizzas
1.5 cup quinoa, uncooked
½ cup water + more for soaking
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp nutritional yeast (optional)
½ tsp sea salt
coconut oil or ghee to grease the pan
1) Soak quinoa in a small bowl on the counter overnight or at least 8 hours.
2) Preheat the oven to 425 F.
3) Drain and rinse quinoa then place it in a food processor or blender with the rest of the ingredients. Blend until smooth.
4) Line two 9-inch pie plates with lightly greased parchment paper.
5) Divide the batter between the two pans and smooth it out with a spatula.
6) Pop in the oven for 15 minutes.
7) When the timer goes, pull it out and gently separate the crust from the paper.
8) Flip the crust and put it back in the oven in the pie dish without the parchment paper for another 7-10 minutes or until the edge is golden and crispy.
9) Remove from the oven and top with whatever your heart desires; tomato sauce, pesto, olives, peppers, raw goat cheese, basil, wild mushrooms, etc.
10) Place back into the oven for another 10 minutes or so, until cooked to perfection!