By Gillian B
Oh my goodness, this recipe is to live for!! It is sure to wow the guests at your next dinner party!
I really like using almond butter instead of peanut butter in recipes. It’s a nice change from traditional peanut sauce! Enjoy!
Spring Roll Salad Recipe
For the salad:
- 2 cups rice noodles, cooked and cooled
- 1 head organic romaine lettuce, sliced into thin ribbons
- 1 handful (or to taste) fresh organic basil leaves, chopped
- 1 handful (or to taste) fresh organic mint leaves, chopped
- 2 organic carrots, shredded
- 1 organic jicama root, shredded
- 2 to 3 cups bean sprouts
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons organic sesame seeds (black sesame seeds look nice!)
- Small splash of organic sesame oil (teeny tiny tossing amount)
- Optional: grilled or roasted chicken or firm tofu, sliced into thin strips or shredded
For the garnish:
- 1 handful organic cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 lime per person, to be added individually
For the “peanut” dressing:
- 1/4 cup organic raw almond butter or organic peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons organic tamari
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 organic garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh organic ginger, grated
- 5 tablespoons hot water
- Sea salt to taste
Optional (if you like it spicy):
- 1 teaspoon organic Longevity Hot Sauce
- Prepare the garnish and set aside in separate bowls.
- Make the dressing by blending all ingredients until mixed and set aside.
- Cook the rice noodles. Cool and toss them in a giant bowl with a tiny amount of organic sesame oil to prevent sticking. If they are too long, cut them a bit so you can mix them into the salad.
- Add the rest of the salad ingredients to the bowl and toss.
- Slice or shred the cooked protein (chicken, tempeh or tofu, etc.) and put it into your medium bowl and toss well with salt to taste. Now you can add it to your giant bowl of tossed salad.
- Add a minimal amount of dressing and toss the salad. Your guests can add more dressing as desired per serving.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with cilantro and 1 wedge of lime per bowl.