By Gillian B
Who doesn’t love a little almond butter? If you are like me and like to have it around as a snack or treat, you know it’s an expensive habit!
Some small jars of raw, organic almond butter can cost over $20. I set out on a mission to make my own, and I discovered the perfect combination with loads of health benefits!
Homemade nut butters can be a bit tricky to make if you don’t have the right ratios or kitchen tools.
For this recipe you will need:
- 4 cups of raw, organic nuts
- 3/4 to 1 cup MCT (medium chain triglyceride) oil — for example, coconut oil
- High-powered blender with a toggle for mixing
- 1 large or two smaller mason jars
- Soak 4 cups of nuts over night in a large bowl on the countertop.
- Rinse and then place in the dehydrator for 24-36 hours on 105 F.
- Once dry, pop them in the freezer for an hour or two. (This will prevent the blender from overheating!)
- When you are ready to blend, combine the nuts and the MCT oil in the blender.
- Start the blender on low and crank it right up to full speed for 1 minute, using the toggle to press down in the corners and evenly mix the nut butter.
- Voila! In just 60 seconds, you have made your own nut butter and saved yourself a bunch of money!
Enjoy this tasty treat with some sliced apples with cinnamon and cacao nibs!