By: Gillian B
As a health nut, I am dedicated to eating next-level food everyday for life! That being said, I do like to treat myself once and a while, and when I do, this is one of my favorite dishes to make!
Cauliflower is such a great substitute for traditional pizza crust. This recipe offers all the deliciousness of a deep dish without the heaviness of white bread and cheese!
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
- 2 cups ground raw cauliflower, grated
- 3/4 cup almond/coconut flour or gluten-free all-purpose flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 3 flax or white chia eggs (3 tbsp seed + 9 tbsp water + let sit)
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- Pizza sauce + toppings of choice! (by all means, if you eat cheese go for it!)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Chop the cauliflower, and pulse the florets a little in a food processor OR just use a cheese grater.
- Mix “egg” ingredients together and set it aside for a few minutes, perhaps stirring once.
- Mix all of the rest of the crust ingredients together and form into a ball.
- Press the “dough” ball down onto a pizza stone or baking tray lined with parchment paper that has been greased with coconut or olive oil. Gently mold the dough into whatever shape your heart desires, and make sure it is no more than 1/4 inch thick; otherwise, it won’t cook all the way through.
- Bake the crust by itself for about 20-25 minutes. It should begin to brown around the edges.
- Remove it from the oven and decorate it with pesto or tomato sauce, then veggies galore!
- Note: If you add pre-roasted veggies, the second bake time will take less time than if using raw veggies (about 10 minutes).
Want more inspiration and healthy recipes? Join me on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook and check out my blog.