By Gillian B
Who says hummus has to be boring?
Try this fantastic, quick and easy recipe that is loaded with goodness and makes the perfect snack!
Cucumber Dill Hummus
2 cups chickpeas, soaked and cooked
2 springs fresh dill, washed, stems removed
½ cucumber washed, skin on, roughly chopped
½ teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1-2 tablespoon olive oil, cold-pressed organic
2 tablespoons tahini
1 small garlic clove
- Put all ingredients in a food processor or NutriBullet and pulse/blend. Scraping down the sides and adding more oil if needed to achieve smooth consistency.
- Scoop hummus into a bowl, garnish with a dill, a dash of paprika or cayenne and drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve with crackers or cut up veggies.
Recipe Success Notes:
1) Cucumber Hummus will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days, covered.
2) If hummus is too watery, add more chickpeas. If hummus is too thick, add more cucumber or a bit of water.
3) This recipe is very kid-friendly. That being said if it tastes too bland for you add more garlic, salt, and pepper. This hummus also tastes great topped with cayenne pepper.
Want more inspiration and healthy recipes? Follow me on social media and check out my blog. I post daily goodies on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook!