By Gillian B
Who says hummus has to be boring?
Try this fantastic, quick and easy recipe that is loaded with goodness and makes the perfect snack!
Cucumber Dill Hummus
2 cups chickpeas, soaked and cooked
2 springs fresh dill, washed, stems removed
½ cucumber washed, skin on, roughly chopped
½ teaspoon sea salt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1-2 tablespoon olive oil, cold-pressed organic
2 tablespoons tahini
1 small garlic clove
- Put all ingredients in a food processor or NutriBullet and pulse/blend. Scraping down the sides and adding more oil if needed to achieve smooth consistency.
- Scoop hummus into a bowl, garnish with a dill, a dash of paprika or cayenne and drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve with crackers or cut up veggies.
Recipe Success Notes:
1) Cucumber Hummus will keep in the fridge for up to 5 days, covered.
2) If hummus is too watery, add more chickpeas. If hummus is too thick, add more cucumber or a bit of water.
3) This recipe is very kid-friendly. That being said if it tastes too bland for you add more garlic, salt, and pepper. This hummus also tastes great topped with cayenne pepper.