Lemonade. Already a delicious, refreshing drink, you can spruce it up with lavender for medicinal purposes. Lavender Lemonade sounds delicious!
But why lavender?
Pure lavender oil is an incredible essential oil to use for your health and wellness. It is also one of the gentlest of essential oils, yet one of the most powerful. In fact, lavender essential oil is a household favorite for healing. (1)
This pleasant-smelling oil has a chemically complex structure with over 150 active constituents. As such, these compounds possess incredible, diverse properties. For example, lavender can be anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antidepressant, antiseptic, antibacterial, antimicrobial, antispasmodic, analgesic, detoxifier, hypotensive, and sedative. (2)
Furthermore, lavender has been shown to reduce depression, improve insomnia, and ease labor pains. Because lavender benefits range from pain relief and urine flow to respiratory disorders, blood circulation, and digestion, some people consider all its parts – leaves and flowers and essential oil – to be a cure-all. (3)
Prior research on lavender has focused on using the plant in the olfactory path, making it useful for aromatherapy. However, in addition to psychological effects, aromatherapy may bring physiological benefits, as well. Additionally, the lavender scent is thought to be therapeutically effective thanks to inhaled medicinal compounds. (4)
For example, a survey in a long-stay neurology in-patient department showed increased mood scores and reduced psychological distress following aromatherapy with lavender accompanied with tea tree and rosemary. (5)
Photo credit: pixabay.com
Researchers investigated the effects of lavender aromatherapy (diluted to 2% concentration) on anxiety and depression in high-risk, postpartum woman. In conclusion, results showed a significant improvement in the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale and Generalized Anxiety Disorder Scale after four consecutive weeks of administration of lavender.
Discover an easy way to experience the benefits of lavender with Lavender Lemonade.
To get you started, here is a simple recipe for lavender lemonade:
- 1 cup raw organic honey
- 12 cups pure water (fresh spring water is recommended!)
- 2-10 drops lavender essential oil (depending on the strength of the lavender essential oil)
- 6 organic lemons, peeled
- Lavender sprigs for garnish
First, blend all ingredients together in a NutriBullet blender and chill. Then add more water, raw honey, or essential oil drops as needed. Easy-peasy!
Also, read these other ways you can use lavender oil for anxiety and headaches:
Photo credit: pixabay.com
- Mix 5 to 6 drops of lavender essential oil to your bath water to help with dry skin.
- Diffuse 10 to 12 drops of Lavender into the air for natural stress relief. It helps to have an Essential Oil Diffuser, but you can simmer a pot of water as another method.
- Add 2 drops of Lavender per ounce of your favorite lightly scented, unrefined organic oil. Try almond oil or olive oil. Then you’ll have a body oil with all the benefits of lavender for improving your skin, relaxing your mind, warding off insects, or helping you sleep.