This time of year, there is nothing better than warm food. This is a recipe that I came up with when I was trying to think of creative ‘treat’ ideas when I was on the Candida diet, so I refrained from using higher glycemic sweeteners like maple syrup. However, I invite you to make this recipe unique for you!
Carrot Cake Breakfast Bowl
- 1.5 c nut milk (unsweetened)
- 1/2 c quick cook oats (wheat-free) or cooked millet or quinoa
- 1 c carrot grated
- ½ t cinnamon
- 1/8 t nutmeg
- 1 scoop Vanilla Sunwarrior Protein Powder (vegan)
- 1 T chia seeds
- ½ t maca (optional)
- 1 T coconut oil (optional)
- pinch of Himalayan Sea Salt
- few drops of vanilla stevia extract
- Topping ideas: Raw pecans, pumpkin seeds, walnuts or almond butter and coconut yogurt!
- Heat nut milk in a small saucepan over medium heat and then add grated carrots.
- Add grains, chia, spices and coconut oil, reduce heat to low and put the lid on for a few minutes.
- Turn off the heat and mix in protein powder and maca, adding a little water if needed.