Dobermans tend to have a hard time being adopted. Many people are intimidated by them due to their lean, shark-like appearance.

But the Svillcic family from Australia wasn’t intimidated when they decided to adopt Khan, a Doberman Pinscher.

Khan had a pretty rough upbringing, so the family was determined to give him a special place in their home.

Things went well for the first couple of days. But on the third day, mother Catherine noticed that Khan was behaving a bit strangely around Charlotte, her 17-month-old daughter, as they played outside.

Khan was snarling and pushing Catherine around.

Before Charlotte could get outside to assess the trouble, Khan grabbed Catherine by the diaper and threw her across the yard. Moments later, he let out a whimper.

He had been bitten – in the paw, by a king brown snake.

shutterstock_438967000

King brown snakes are some of the most dangerous in Australia. Their venom could easily kill a toddler Charlotte’s size.

But Khan wasn’t phased. Even after he had been bitten, he didn’t collapse until he had scared the snake off.

Luckily, Catherine was able to get Khan to a clinic where he was treated. Both he and Charlotte survived the ordeal. Through it, they formed an incredible bond.

Just look at them!

Image: YouTube/Celeb902

Image: YouTube/Celeb902

Khan and Charlotte’s story is just one example of heroic pets saving their owners’ lives. Check out this video to see more heartwarming tales of selflessness.

Sources:
ReptilePark.com.au
DogHeirs.com
AdoptAPet.com

Privacy Preference Center

Necessary

Advertising

Analytics

Other