By: Gillian B
These little babies are a savory treat in the morning but are also incredible as an appetizer when you have company. They are high in protein and fiber which makes them filling and delicious! Best served hot with the dipping sauce.
Chickpea and Zucchini Fritters with Creamy Hemp Dipping Sauce
- 1 grated zucchini
- 1 chia egg or pastured egg
- ¾ c chickpea flour
- 1 t sea salt
- 4 T almond milk
- 1 T chives
- 1 t lemon zest
- 1 T coconut oil for cooking
- Grate zucchini and zest lemon.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl until it resembles a batter. If you need to add another tablespoon of almond milk, go for it.
- Heat up a griddle or large frying pan over medium heat with the coconut oil.
- Using a spoon, form the batter into small circles on the pan.
- Flip after a few minutes, you’re going for that golden brown look on either side!
Creamy Hemp Dipping Sauce
This recipe is packed with plant-based protein and is a balanced source of the essential fatty acids. It is also very versatile; add more lemon juice and you have a delicious salad dressing and steamed veggie sauce or less liquid, and you have more like a chip dip.
- ½ c hemp seeds
- 1 T lemon juice
- ½ t sea salt
- 1 T chives (or fresh herbs of choice)
- 1/3 c water
- Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender, in this case, the NutriBullet is best.
- Blend and serve! Will keep in the fridge in a glass container.