Crow’s feet —often referred to as “laugh lines,” are a common sign of aging. As we get older, our skin loses elasticity, resulting in crow’s feet, lines and wrinkles. Taking proper care of your skin and making sure it’s getting the essential vitamins and nutrients it needs to stay healthy, hydrated and firm can help keep crow’s feet and other facial wrinkles at bay.
Try these natural remedies to keep your skin looking healthy and beautiful:
Milk can be used to lessen the appearance of wrinkles around your eyes. It contains glycolic acid that helps exfoliate dead skin skills while promoting the production of collagen in the skin. Make sure to use organic, hormone-free milk.
- Soak a clean cloth in milk and place it on the affected area.
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes, the rinse with cold water.
- Repeat twice each day.
2. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has antioxidant properties that help the body fight off free radicals that may cause wrinkles. It also contains essential vitamins and minerals that help moisturize, tone and brighten the skin.
- Take one fresh Aloe Vera leaf and squeeze out the gel.
- Apply it generously to the affected area before going to bed.
- In the morning, wash your face with cold water.
- Do this each night for several weeks.
3. Egg Whites
Egg whites can help tighten skin to reduce the appearance of crow’s feet. They’re loaded with protein that promotes tissue repair, potassium that hydrates the skin, and magnesium that stimulates the skin cells for younger-looking skin.
- Beat 1 egg white until foamy, then apply the egg white on the outside of the eye and along the cheekbones.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes, the clean the area with cold water.
- Use this remedy twice a week.
Papaya’s high Vitamin C content helps fight off free radicals that may damage the skin. It also stimulates collagen production. Papaya contains en enzyme known as papain that helps remove dead skin cells and tighten the skin.
- Gently rub a piece of raw papaya on the skin for about ten minutes.
- Rinse with cold water, and perform this remedy twice a day.
5. Vitamin E
Vitamin E is a strong anti-oxidant that is essential for regeneration of new skin cells. It can tighten the skin around the eyes to reduce the appearance of crow’s feet, while keeping the skin plump and moisturized.
- Break open 2 Vitamin E capsules and put the contents into a bowl.
- Apply the liquid onto the wrinkles around your eyes.
- Gently massage the area for a few minutes.
- Use this remedy every night before going to bed.
6. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil contains a high amount of Vitamin E that nourishes skin cells and tissues, as well as linoleic acid that can reconnect broken skin tissues and delay the formation of crow’s feet, fine lines and sagging skin.
- Gently rub a few drops of pure extra virgin coconut oil on the skin around your eyes each night before going to sleep.
7. Castor Oil
Castor oil works to soften the skin and reduce the appearance of crow’s feet, wrinkles and fine lines.
- Before going to bed, apply a few drops of castor oil onto your crow’s feet and gently massage the oil into the skin.
- Leave it on overnight, then wash it off in the morning.
Avocados are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids that help revitalize dry skin. The high Vitamin D and E content in avocados also simulate the production of collagen, which reduces the appearance of crow’s feet.
- Mash the pulp of 1 ripe avocado and apply it to the affected area.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes, then wash it off with warm water.
- Use this remedy once a day to keep your skin moisturized and wrinkle-free.
9. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is rich in citric acid that helps get rid of crow’s feet by acting as an exfoliant. The natural astringent properties in lemon juice can also help reduce blemishes and make skin softer.
- Gently rub some fresh-squeezed lemon juice onto your crow’s feet.
- Leave it on for 5-10 minutes, then rinse your face with cold water.
- Use this remedy 2-3 times a day.
Cucumbers contain thiamine, riboflavin and niacin, along with vitamins B5 and B6, which help nourish the skin. The soothing properties of cucumbers can also help reduce the appearance of wrinkles around the eyes.
- Grate 1 cucumber and apply it just around your eyes.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes, then rinse with cold water.
- Use this remedy 2-3 times a day for several weeks.
11. Raw Honey and Yogurt
Yogurt contains lactic acid that exfoliates the skin, and honey naturally hydrates the skin and removes bacteria. These two ingredients make the perfect combination for an exfoliating and hydrating mask that helps reduce crow’s feet, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Combine plain yogurt and honey in equal amounts and apply to the affected area.
- Leave on for 10 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with water.
12. Maintain a Healthy Diet
Sugar destroys collagen, so the best way to protect your skin is to eliminate it from your diet. Fruits and vegetables contain essential amino acids, minerals and antioxidants that can help the skin stay hydrated, healthy and firm. Your skin also needs protein to build collagen and elastin, so make sure you’re getting enough protein in your diet!