This gluten-free peanut butter banana bread will be the best part of your mornings. It requires minimal effort and will give you a delicious gluten-free loaf that will last for the week.
It’s made with simple ingredients like almond flour, nut butter, banana, and eggs. There’s no white flour or refined sugar here, so it also doubles as a super healthy mid-afternoon or post-workout snack – you can even top it with additional banana and nut butter!
Here’s the recipe:
Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 40 mins
Total: 50 mins
3 ripe bananas
1/2 cup peanut butter (preferably without salt)
1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1 cup almond flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
pinch of pink salt (only if your peanut butter is unsalted)
1/2 banana, sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If you have a bullet blender, blend the bananas in it until liquified, and pour into a large bowl. If no blender, in a large bowl, mash well with a fork for a few minutes, until they turn into a smooth, lump-free liquid or soup-like texture.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients to the bowl and stir well until fully combined.
- Next, add the dry ingredients: almond flour, baking powder, and salt if needed. Stir well.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch loaf pan with coconut oil. Pour the batter into it.
- If you like, lay sliced banana down the middle of the loaf as shown in photo.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before removing from pan.
- Slice and enjoy!
Get the printable recipe here.
Author: Maria Marlowe is an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach who has helped thousands of people improve their health by optimizing their diet. She has created meal plans and programs to help you lose weight, clear up acne, and spend less time in the kitchen yet still eat healthy.
She has been featured in Vogue, The New York Times, NBC, Well + Good, and more. Her first book, The Real Food Grocery Guide (to be released May 2017), will teach you how to eat healthy without going broke.