Sign Up To Our Newsletter!
Trending Articles, News, Hints & Tips, Recipes, Special Offers, Webinars, E-Courses, and More!
My hair is usually either braided or up. I try not to mess with it. I do this because it has been thinning for the past six years. Over-the-counter shampoos and ointments have not helped with my thinning at all. I have found coconut oil ( click here for International products ) to help, and it may help you as well.
Coconut oil is perfectly made to nourish one’s hair. “The capric and caprylic acids work as antioxidants and disinfectants, and the low molecular weight of the oil means it can easily penetrate the hair shaft.” (Source) Unlike conditioners and shampoos made up of silicones, coconut oil does not just sit on top of the hair, it goes deep to the root of the problem.
Coconut oil is an excellent treatment for several common hair problems.
As coconut oil nourishes the scalp, it protects the follicles of the hair. Graying happens when the follicle that is in charge of coloring one’s hair loses its efficiency. Those who are prematurely greying may find that coconut oil helps with the problem. (Source)
We are now dealing with lice immune to lice shampoo. Coconut oil is an easy and more natural way of dealing with lice. Coconut oil coats the scalp and lice and suffocates the lice. It also makes it easier to remove nits and creates a hostile environment that lice cannot survive in. (Source)
One of the leading causes of dandruff is minor fungal infections. These infections thrive with most commercial shampoos but not so much with coconut oil. The antifungal properties found in coconut oil make it perfect for fighting dandruff and keeping it away. (Source)
Do you suffer from split ends and damaged hair? Coconut oil is your solution. It heals and provides more protein to the shaft for smoother hair. It also hydrates and gives the hair a natural shine. Just be sure not to use too much. (Source)
The healthy fats and vitamins in coconut oil heal both the scalp and shaft. This can lead to less hair loss and stronger hair growth. It can also help with inflammation and infections which may be the root of a person’s hair loss.
Ready to try it?
These are a couple of simple, easy ways to incorporate coconut oil into your hair routine. The longer the coconut oil is on your hair, the more it works for you!
1. In a small bowl, place your desired amount of virgin coconut oil.
2. Place the small bowl of coconut oil into an empty larger bowl.
3. Fill the larger bowl with hot water — just enough to surround the small bowl.
4. When the coconut oil is liquid, massage the coconut oil into the scalp and along the hair shaft.
5. Wrap your head in a scarf or towel and let soak overnight.
1. If you are using fractionated coconut oil, apply the coconut oil directly to the hair. I put my fractionated coconut oil in a glass spray bottle to quickly spray my scalp and hair.
2. Leave for 15 to 30 minutes.
3. Wash out. Clarifying shampoo is best to get the coconut oil out. It can be tough on your hair, so only use it once or twice a week.
I have incorporated coconut oil into my daily hair routine and love it!
Why not give it a try for yourself?
(h/t: Simple Organic Life)
GET DAVID'S FREE E-COURSE!
PLUS Receive The David Avocado Wolfe BestEver Newsletter, Videos, Health & Lifestyle Strategies, Blog And Video Updates, and more!