This superfood rainbow cheesecake is perfect for impressing your party guests and followers on Instagram. Besides its colorful appearance, the cashew and coconut cream base makes it decadent and creamy without any dairy! Add some superfood powder(s) for a nutritional kick as well – so you can have your cake and eat it too!
Dates are a great natural sweetener as they are not refined and also contain fiber and nutrients.
Walnuts make for a nutrient dense crust ingredient, that deliver protein and healthy fats, including omega-3, an essential fatty acid that aids in reducing inflammation.
Berries add fiber and flavor, as well as a variety of powerful antioxidants that help keep both your skin and your brain youthful.
Here’s the recipe:
Superfood Rainbow Cheesecake
(For 6-inch cheesecake pan)
1 ½ cups walnuts
½ cup dates, pitted
pinch of salt
2 cups cashews (soaked at least 4 hours, or overnight)
Cream from 1 can of coconut (refrigerated overnight)*
¾ cup lemon juice
½ cup coconut nectar or sugar
¾ cup coconut oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup raspberries
½ tsp. goji powder (optional)
½ cup mango
¼ tsp. turmeric (optional)
½ cup frozen blueberries
½ tsp. maqui powder (optional)
- For the crust, whiz walnuts in high-speed blender until they make a powder, then add dates and salt and process again until combined. The mixture should stay together when squeezed in your hand. Line the bottom of a 5-or 6-inch cheesecake pan with shredded coconut, then use your fingers to press in walnut mixture into the bottom of pan and up the sides of the pan for the crust. Both should be about 1 cm thick.
- For the filling, drain cashews, and then throw all ingredients (Not including the frozen fruit and superfruit powders) into a high speed blender and process on high for about 2 minutes, until completely smooth.
- Divide evenly in three separate portions (about 1 ¼- 1 ½ cups each): You can leave one portion in the blender, put the other two in two bowls.
- To make the first layer, add the raspberries and goji powder if using. Blend until uniform red/pink color is achieved. Pour on top of the crust and freeze while you make the next layer.
- Clean out the blender, then add one portion of the coconut-cashew cream filling, and the mango and turmeric if using. Blend on high until smooth. Remove the pan from freezer, and pour the mango layer on top of the raspberry layer. Return to the freezer while you repeat with the blueberry/maqui layer.
- Once all layers are done, place pan in freezer for at least 2 hours, to firm up before serving.
*To get the cream, refrigerate a can of coconut milk overnight. The cream will float to the top, while the water will sink to the bottom of the can. Flip the can over, and open it upside down. Pour out the water and reserve for another use. Scoop out the thick white coconut cream for use in the filling.
Author: Maria Marlowe is an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach who has helped thousands of people improve their health by optimizing their diet. She has created meal plans and programs to help you lose weight, clear up acne, and spend less time in the kitchen yet still eat healthy.
She has been featured in Vogue, The New York Times, NBC, Well + Good, and more. Her first book, The Real Food Grocery Guide, will teach you how to eat healthy without going broke.