Join Now For The Best
From David Wolfe
You may have heard by now about the buzz surrounding apple cider vinegar. If you have it in your kitchen, you are probably used to using it as a cooking ingredient. But do you know about the amazing health benefits that come along with it? Apple cider vinegar has been credited with everything from curing hiccups and alleviating cold symptoms to aiding in weight loss and helping to prevent heart disease. Here are just a few in a long list of benefits of adding just one tablespoon a day of apple cider vinegar to your diet:
1. Helps Heartburn and Acid Reflux
Acid reflux usually results from having too little acid in the stomach. Apple cider vinegar is full of antibiotic properties. To improve the acid content of your stomach, drink one tablespoon of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar mixed in a glass of water.
2. Promotes Healthy Cholesterol
Not only does apple cider vinegar support healthy cholesterol, studies have shown that it can protect from arterial damage or oxidation, which is the main risk of high cholesterol.
3. Can Aid in Healthy Weight Loss
Yep, apple cider vinegar can help you lose weight. The acetic acid it contains helps to suppress your appetite, increase your metabolism and reduce water retention — a great combo if you’re looking to lose a few pounds.
4. Promotes Healthy Blood Sugar
Studies have shown that apple cider vinegar has strong anti-glycemic properties that support a healthy blood sugar level. The vinegar actually blocks some of the digestion of starch, preventing it from raising your blood sugar.
5. Has Antioxidant Properties
Apple cider vinegar contains many antioxidants to help keep your body healthy and running smoothly, including catechin, gallic acid, caffeic and chlorogenic acids.
6. Improves Nutrient Absorption
The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar can increase your body’s absorption of important minerals from the food you eat. Adding vinegar to your salad dressing may also help you absorb more nutrients from your leafy greens!
There are even more benefits to using apple cider vinegar! Check out the video here:
Just two tablespoons a day can help keep your heart healthy, allow your body to absorb beneficial nutrients, and more. If you want to start using apple cider vinegar, here’s how:
- Don’t reach for just any apple cider vinegar on the shelf. Make sure you are buying organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar.
- If you want to drink it daily, just mix two tablespoons into a glass of water. Add a tablespoon of honey if you’d like, or lemon to add flavor, and enjoy!
- If drinking it isn’t your thing, there are other options. You can add it to your salads or other dishes to make sure you’re still incorporating it into your diet.
To check out ways you can use it around the house, or as a beauty product (you can use it to whiten your teeth!), check out this article.
Watch the video below for a super easy how-to for your daily dose!
h/t: the hearty soul