Blackheads can be a nightmare. They seem to crop up by the dozens or more, and they can be extremely difficult to eradicate. Fortunately, this blackhead removal mask will help address this issue. The recipe of chock-full of skin-healthy ingredients, such as turmeric, coconut oil and peppermint and frankincense essential oils. Learn how to make this beneficial mask by reading below!
Blackhead Removal Mask Ingredients:
A good coconut oil face wash is beneficial to your skin in many ways. For one, coconut oil provides hydration. However, it also offers antimicrobial agents, which can help protect your skin from acne and infections. (1) If you’re using yogurt for this recipe, you’ll also reap benefits, as yogurt can dissolve dead skin cells and help tighten pores.
Peppermint and Frankincense Essential Oils
Frankincense essential oil is fantastic for fighting acne, as it contains an astringent. It can protect skin cells while reducing pore size. Peppermint oil, meanwhile, has a rejuvenating effect, which can work wonders for tired skin. Furthermore, peppermint oil is also able to fight off bacteria.
This golden spice has fantastic skin benefits. For example, it contains anti-inflammatory properties, which means it can help reduce the appearance of blackheads. Furthermore, it can help prevent them from occurring in the first place. And the antioxidants present in turmeric will give your skin a healthy, youthful glow. When it comes to blackhead removal masks, people can’t stop singing turmeric’s praises. You’ll soon find out why first-hand!
Here’s how you make this fantastic blackhead removal mask:
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon organic brown rice flour or chickpea flour
- 2 teaspoons all natural plain yogurt (for oily skin)
- Or, 2 teaspoons olive oil, coconut oil or almond oil (for dry skin)
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 drop peppermint essential oil
- 1 drop frankincense essential oil
DIRECTIONS FOR BLACKHEAD REMOVAL MASK:
1. Add turmeric and rice flour into mixing bowl, stir until blended
2. Mix in yogurt and honey until a paste is formed
3. Add in essential oils, stir
4. Using an applicator brush, spread a thin layer of the blackhead removal mask onto your face and neck. Be sure to also cover the skin under your eyes, as this mixture an also help brighten dark circles.
5. Leave on for 20 minutes, then wash
6. Use a makeup remover or toner to remove remaining yellow debris on your face.