It’s easy to get caught up in thinking that every piece of wisdom has to be some hard-hitting, serious truth. But hey, wisdom can be fun! In fact, the American Psychological Association reports that you’re much more likely to learn when you’re also laughing.
The following 18 phrases illustrate that perfectly. They’re lighthearted, yet inspiring and zen. Check them out.
1. Do not walk behind me, for my actions may not be intended to lead. Don’t walk in front of me, for I probably won’t follow you. Don’t walk beside me either; there are some things I need to do alone. Basically, just stay the hell away from me.
2. It’s always darkest before dawn. So if you’re going to steal your neighbor’s newspaper, that’s the time to do it. After all, life is all about opportunity.
3. Your goal should not be to be irreplaceable. After all, if you can’t be replaced, you’ll never be promoted.
4. Never forget that you are unique. Just like everyone else.
5. Never use both feet to test the depth of water.
6. Think nobody notices your existence? Try missing a couple car payments and see what happens.
7. Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do criticize them, you’re a mile away and they’ll need to buy new shoes before they chase after you.
8. If at first you don’t succeed, don’t go skydiving.
9. If you lend someone money and never see them again, it was probably worth it to get them out of your life.
10. Everybody is ‘normal…’ until you get to know them.
11. Want to double your cash? Easy. Just fold all your bills, put them in your back pocket and forget about ’em until later.
12. There are two approaches you can take when arguing with a woman. Neither will work.
And there you have it! Which quote was your favorite? Do you have a favorite sarcastic yet inspirational saying that wasn’t on this list? Drop it in the comments!
Looking for more funny yet inspiring life lessons? Look no further than the video below!