Let’s face it: who doesn’t want super soft skin? With all of the products on the market today, each promising that soft, glowing skin you’ve been wanting, it’s hard to know where to turn. When it comes to your skin, it’s super important to make sure you’re using chemical-free ingredients that won’t cause irritation or seep into your skin and weaken your immune system. To ensure that you’re using the best quality ingredients on your skin, why not ditch the store-bought creams and choose a homemade body scrub instead?
This sugar and sea salt homemade body scrub provides the skin with the nutrients it needs to stay hydrated. The grainy texture of the sea salt and sugar work as a natural exfoliate to rub away dead skin cells and reveal the smooth skin underneath. This DIY homemade body scrub also includes honey, jojoba oil, shea butter, coconut oil and peppermint essential oil. So what’s so great about this homemade body scrub? The all-natural ingredients.
- Shea butter: Shea butter provides the skin with Vitamin A and Vitamin E, which moisturize and nourish to promote healthy, soft skin.
- Jojoba oil: Jojoba oil is often used as a carrier oil. It moisturizes while protecting the skin from dryness and sun damage. By balancing the oil levels in the skin, jojoba oil serves as an important ingredient in this homemade body scrub.
- Peppermint essential oil: A few drops of peppermint oil provide a cooling sensation to the skin to relieve sore muscles.(3)
Homemade Body Scrub With Sugar & Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup of coarse sugar or date sugar
- 1/4 cup of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of local honey
- 1 teaspoon of jojoba oil
- 1/8 cup of shea butter
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 5-10 drops of pure essential peppermint oil
- You’ll need a small ceramic or glass bowl, a 1/4 measuring cup, measuring spoons, a regular spoon and an 8-ounce (or larger) glass jar to make this homemade body scrub.
- Place the sugar and the sea salt into the bowl and mix well using a spoon.
- Add the coconut oil, honey and shea butter, then blend well.
- Add the jojoba oil and mix.
- Once all of the ingredients are well-blended, add 5-10 drops of pure essential peppermint oil and blend once again.
- Next, transfer the mixture into a small glass jar with a lid. Don’t forget to label it as your homemade body scrub.
- For soft, healthy, glowing skin, use the homemade scrub as an exfoliate. In the shower, use a small amount of the scrub and massage it into your skin with a circular motion. Massage for 10-15 seconds, starting at your feet, then your hands, then make your way toward your heart. Use this scrub on your entire body for the best results.
- Rinse and pat dry or air dry, so that you do not interfere with the moisturizing benefits of your homemade body scrub.