Healthy cuticles not only make nails look nice and fresh, they are also important for overall nail health. That’s why a cream like this DIY cuticle cream is so important. Many people go through their lives not thinking about the health of their nails. Others may be afraid of getting a manicure due to nail fungus risks. However, treating ones nails at home is simple with this easy to make cream with essential oils.
DIY Cuticle Cream With Lemon, Lavender, Myrrh & Tea Tree Oil
The base of this DIY cuticle cream is beeswax, shea butter, and coconut oil. Beeswax is an excellent natural moisturizer and is full of vitamin A. This is also true of shea butter. The combination of the two makes an powerful cream that slows aging and protects against infections. Coconut oil has many antibacterial and antioxidant properties. This makes it perfect for protecting your hands.
Lemon essential oil is a natural antibiotic. This is also true of lavender and tea tree oil. However, lavender essential oil is a surprisingly powerful oil for how gentile it is. It is excellent at healing burns, scratches, and mild rashes. Tea tree oil is a powerful antibiotic, but can be a bit more harsh on the skin. It is always best to use tea tree oil with a carrier oil.
Myrrh oil is a special oil. Myrrh slows aging, fights inflammation and stops infections. It is an ancient oil that has been used in traditional medicine for thousands of years. However, like tea tree oil, it can be a little rough on the skin. It is best to use it with a carrier oil.
DIY Cuticle Cream Recipe
What You Need:
- 1 tablespoon organic beeswax
- 1 1/2 tablespoon raw, organic shea butter
- 1/2 teaspoon organic coconut oil
- 2 drops vitamin E oil
- 8 drops lavender essential oil
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
- 2 drops myrrh essential oil
- 2 drops tea tree essential oil if desired
- Heat beeswax, shea butter, and coconut oil in a heat-safe glass until melted. Stir safely and slowly until completely mixed together.
- When well mixed, add vitamin E, lavender, lemon, myrrh, and tea tree oil. Stir until well mixed.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature before using.
- Make sure to wash your hands before use and massage small amounts into your cuticles daily.
Precautions To Take:
Like with all essential oils, it is best to perform a small skin test before use. Although rare, allergic reactions can happen from time to time. Also, be sure to wash your hands before using your DIY cuticle cream to prevent bacterial contamination.
This amazing DIY cuticle cream is a great alternative to expensive pedicures and manicures you receive at a nail salon. This cream is also free of preservatives and harsh chemicals or fragrances. It’s perfect for not only cuticle health, but nail health as well. Give it a try!