Summer is on it’s way, and so are flip-flops and strolling on the beach. However, many of us are plagued with white, cracked heels that are embarrassing and, sometimes, even painful. The only way to fix this problem is with a little self care!
Cracked, dry heels are a natural byproduct of a cold, harsh winter. Some other causes include not drinking enough water, extremely hot baths and showers, not moisturizing your feet, using harsh soaps, and diabetes. Severely cracked feet can be very painful and should be looked at as soon as possible.
This problem is easily fixed with a little baking soda. Baking soda ( click here for International products ) helps to exfoliate the skin and keep it smooth. It’s deodorizing properties also help to remove foot odor, and last, but not least, it will clean the bottom of the feet so that cracks do not become infected. Baking soda is truly the best solution for all your foot-related problems. It can also be used to treat athlete’s foot!
Below is everything you need to know about using baking soda to keep your feet happy and healthy!
Baking Soda Foot Soak
What You Need!
- Container or bucket for your feet (The bathtub will work.)
- Baking soda ( click here for International products )
- Pumice stone
- Oil or lotion
1. Combine about 3 tablespoons of baking soda with a container full of water and soak your feet for 15 – 20 minutes.
2. Take a pumice stone and scrub your heels until they are nice and smooth. (Don’t scrub to hard—you don’t want to damage the skin.)
3. Grab your lotion or oil of choice and rub that into your feet. You can focus only on the heel or give your whole foot a nice massage. I use coconut oil mixed with an essential oil like lavender. Another good choice is olive oil!
4. Cover your foot with a comfortable cotton sock.
5. Repeat the process three times a week until your heels are as smooth as you want. After that, be sure to take care of your heels by moisturizing them every night.
This can be done at any time of the day, but nighttime is best. That way, your feet have all night long to soak up the oil or lotion you use.
I gave this a try and my heels look much better after only one soak! I am definitely going to be soaking my feet again!
You don’t have to use only baking soda. Check out the video below to learn more! (Remember to go organic!)
GET DAVID'S FREE E-COURSE: The Essentials To Living Nutrition, Performance & Detox.
PLUS Receive The David Avocado Wolfe BestEver Newsletter, Videos, Health & Lifestyle Strategies, Blog And Video Updates, and more!