“Froggies” is a dynamic Kundalini Yoga exercise that can be practiced on its own and is also regularly practiced in sequence with other postures and exercises in specific Kundalini Yoga ‘Kriyas’ (yoga sets). Its benefits are many, and you will feel the magic straight away.
- Builds stamina and endurance
- Tones and lifts the buttocks
- Develops long, lean, strong muscles in the legs
- Draws toxins out from the legs and moves stagnation
- Assists in elimination
- Improves circulation to the extremities
- Lengthens and stimulates the vital life nerve
- Improves flexibility
- Builds the VMO muscle (vastus medialis oblique) for healthy knees
- Clears blockages in the Sacral Chakra ~ the ‘Svadhisthana’
- Channels the Sexual energy from the lower chakras to the higher chakras
- Releases stored energy to make you feel great
- Rejuvenates the brain and eyes
To Practice –
- Come into a deep squat position, like a ballet plie, with your heels pressed together on the balls of your feet with the toes angled out 45 degrees. Your heels stay pressed together and off the ground throughout the exercise.
- Squat with your knees bent as deep as you can go and spread apart, with your buttocks ideally touching the backs of your heels.
- Place your fingertips on the ground between the knees, which are spread.
- Inhale deeply as you raise your hips up. Keeping the fingertips on the ground, lean into your hands and straighten your legs. Your buttocks should be up, with your nose coming as close to your knees as possible.
- Pull your navel right up into your spine. Exhale as you come back down into the squat position – bringing your heels as close to your buttocks as possible, your face facing upward. Repeat until you have done 26-54 Kundalini Yoga Froggies. Then build it up until you can do 108 reps.
- If you can’t quite keep your fingertips on the ground as you straighten your legs then try placing a few blocks under your hands to elevate the floor height until your life nerve lengthens out and your lower back adjusts.
- Keep your breath powerful and strong through the nose on both the inhale and exhale.
- As you inhale and rise up straightening your legs, pull powerfully on your Navel Point.
- Be mindful of how it feels on your knees and build up slowly. Be conscious of the flow of movement and rhythm of your breath.
Kundalini Yoga Froggies are awesome to practice if you need to sit at your computer for a long time, before a meditation practice or if you are having trouble sleeping.
- Before any Kundalini Yoga practice tune-in with the ‘Adi Mantra’ 3 x – ONG NAMO GURU DEV NAMO – to create a sacred space in which you are guided by your higher consciousness and not the ego.