Cannabis and chocolate provide a scientifically proven powerful healing combination.
This is a collection of popular recipes for cannabis and/or hemp mixed with chocolate that we found on the internet, several but not all of which are vegan, and we will be adding personal tips by David Wolfe about making chocolate once that is ready. Stay tuned! Obviously when it comes to sugars and other ingredients you don’t want to use, get creative and share your results. Our team will continually update this, providing vegan alternatives and other variations so you might want to go ahead and bookmark this page in your recipes folder! Feel free to provide your own ideas in the comments section.
Organic hemp has been harvested for many years, earlier than most crops, due to high nutritional value and easiness to grow. It’s a great vegan source of all essential amino acids and all fatty acids. Chocolate is the most popular food in the world, which when consumed in raw form leads to longevity and the best day ever.
Together, they provide a melt-in-the-mouth texture that is irresistibly fabulous and a superfood.
Cannabis Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is a popular variation of chocolate chip cookies. Just be careful you don’t turn into a cookie monster and eat the whole batch.
First decide if you want full, half, or quarter strength:
- Full Strength: 1 cup (2 sticks) cannabis butter, softened
- Half Strength: 1/2-cup (1 stick) cannabis butter, 1/2 cup unsalted grass-fed butter, softened
- Quarter Strength: 1/4-cup (1/2 stick) cannabis butter , 1 3/4 cup unsalted grass-fed butter, softened
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1-teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large pastured eggs
- 2 cups raw organic chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375° F.
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
3. Beat butter, coconut sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
6. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
7. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto un-greased baking sheets.
8. Bake for 7 to 11 minutes or until light brown. *TIP If you like soft cookies remove them while the underside is a very light brown.
9. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.* May be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 8 weeks.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: 7-11 minutes
Source: Emarijuana Recipes
(Click For Next Page)
Gourmet Hash Oil Chocolate
Gourmet Hash Oil Chocolate is a basic but delicious chocolate recipe using hash oil to create your own marijuana edible candy bars, cookies and desserts. This is a rich, dark chocolate that stands up on the counter if using Cocao Butter and in the fridge if using coconut oil and pack a wallop if you use strong, activated hash oil.
- 1 Cup (240 ml) Raw Organic Cacao Butter (Or Coconut oil)
- 1 Cup (240 ml) Raw Organic Cacao Powder
- 1/2 Cup (120 ml) Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup (60 ml) Chopped Nuts (Optional)
- 10 grams Hash Oil Concentrate *
- pinch of sea salt
* The amount of hash oil used depends on your dosage requirements and the potency of your oil. Dose yourself accordingly using standard mathematics.
- Melt the 1 cup of cacao butter over a double boiler
2. Once cacao butter has melted all the way down you can add in the vanilla extract.
3. Now add in the cacao powder. To get accurate measure use a smaller spoon and scoop out to the measuring spoon little by little.
4. Next pour in the sweetener. Maple syrup or any other liquid substitute. Avoid solid ones as they take a long time to melt and leave not so great consistency in the chocolate.
5. Put the nuts on the burner to heat them up and toast a little bit. At the same time reduce the heat of the chocolate and leave it to cool down.
6. Put all of the hash oil mixture in the chocolate.
7. Add the nuts to the hash oil and chocolate, turn them into a mixture and let it cool.
8. Finally pour the liquid on a tray or any other container and let it cool for few hours to become solid. Or if you are impatient you could put it in the freezer to speed up the cooling.
Now you have the dish ready to be served.
Preparation and Cooking: 35-40 minutes
Raw Chocolate Hemp Butter Macaroons
This dish made with green hemp butter is stone ground and silky smooth. Chocolate hemp macaroons are chewy and chocolaty with a definite hemp flavor.
What You Need:
3 tablespoons melted raw organic cacao butter
3 tablespoons coconut cream (thick stuff)
3 tablespoons hemp butter
3 tablespoons warm spring water
1 ½ cups shredded coconut
5 tablespoons raw organic cacao powder
3 tablespoons xylitol, powdered in a coffee grinder
7-8 drops vanilla stevia extract
2 pinches of sea salt
Whisk together the cacao butter, coconut cream, hemp butter, water, xylitol and salt in a bowl that is set over a pot of hot water. Stir in the shredded coconut and sift in the cacao powder. Continue stirring until all ingredients are evenly combined. Use a mini ice cream scoop to make balls, transferring them to a parchment paper lined tray. Chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours, until firm. Store in the fridge for up to 7 days.
These amount of ingredients make 17 macaroons.
Chocolate Cannabis Cookies
⅔ cup Cannabis Coconut Oil, warmed to liquid
1 1/4 cup coconut sugar
½ cup almond milk, unsweetened
2 tablespoons spring water
1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 cup raw organic chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup raw organic cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease baking sheet.
2. Mix together Cannabis Coconut Oil, sugar, almond milk, brown sugar, water, cornstarch and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. Mix together flour, vegan chocolate chips, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
4. Add flour mixture to Cannabis Coconut Oil mixture slowly. Stir all ingredients together.
5. Form dough into 1-inch balls and place them two inches apart on baking sheet.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 8 – 10 minutes. Remove cookies from oven. Leave on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
7. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool before serving.
Time required: 45 minutes
Yields 25-30 cookies
Source: Eat your Cannabis
Hemp Cocoa Energy Bites
These energy balls are filled with all the most amazing super foods in the world . They really are little bites of perfect health. Enjoy these easy to make, portable, tasty, fun flavorful bites that can save you money on the snack bars and energy bites that are so seductive in health food stores.
1 cup cashews
1 cup pitted dates, packed
2 tbsp maple syrup or coconut nectar
1/4 cup hemp protein powder
1/4 cup raw organic cacao nibs
1. Grind cashews and hemp protein in a food processor till coarse. Add the dates and run the food processor till the mixture is getting uniform, and sticks together easily. Add the agave and process a bit more.
2. Add the cacao nibs and pulse.
3. Shape mixture into 1 inch balls. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, then snack away!
Yields about 18 bites.
Source: Choosing Raw
Creamy Chocolate Hemp Smoothie
Cool down with this creamy, ice-cold, and luxurious chocolate hemp smoothie. Enjoy the boost of protein and omega-3’s that the hemp seeds provide while indulging in a lightly sweet chocolaty treat. For a fun twist, try this recipe with homemade almond milk, Coffee Shop Worthy Hazelnut Milk, or even adding homemade coffee ice cubes.
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2-3 pitted large Medjool dates, to taste (I use 2)
- 3 tablespoons raw organic cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons hulled hemp seed
- 1 large peeled and frozen banana
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 large ice cubes
- Add all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until super smooth.
1) This recipe yields a fairly thin consistency. If you want a thicker shake-like texture, try reducing the milk to 1.5 cups instead of 2 cups or go wild and add a scoop of your favourite non-dairy ice cream.
2) If your dates are a bit firm or dry, soak them in water for 30-60 minutes before making this smoothie. You can also swap the dates for liquid sweetener if desired. Just reduce the almond milk a bit so it’s not too thin.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 0 minutes
Yields 3 1/2 cups (2 servings)
Source: Oh She Glows
Simple Vegan Marijuana Chocolate
1/2 – 1 Ounce ( 14 – 28 grams) Dried Marijuana Flower
1 cup (218 grams) Raw Organic Cacao Butter
1 cup (118 grams) Raw Organic Cacao Powder
1/2 cup (168 grams) Real Maple Syrup
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Dash Sea Salt
Optional Add Ins: chopped pecans, coconut flakes, rice crisps, etc.
1. Grind Marijuana and make a pouch for it using the cheesecloth and cooking twine.
Tie the marijuana pouch securely.
2. Place enough water in your double boiler to barely come to the bottom of your inner bowl. Heat the water to boiling and place cacao butter into the inner bowl to fully melt.
3. Add 1 cup water and the pouch of ground marijuana into the cacao butter. Cover and set timer for 3 hours. Watch carefully while simmering on low. Keep water level filled and turn the pouch with tongs carefully several times.
4. After 3 hours, remover inner pan, refill water completely, return inner pan with butter and pouch, turn heat to high and set timer for 1 hour.
5. Simmer on high remaining hour, remove when tiny bubbles appear all in the oil outside of the area containing the pouch. Do not scorch!
6. Carefully remove pouch and put in strainer to squeeze all butter out but not letting sediments in. Strain the entire cocoa butter infusion into another inner boiler pan. Put pan into the refrigerator for several minutes until the cocoa butter solidifies completely.
7. Carefully pour off the water completely. Let the oil dry or dab the excess water carefully before proceeding.
8. Return water and heat to the double boiler and add the cocoa butter pan over the boiling water until melted.
9. Add the 1 tsp vanilla, dash of salt and 1/2 cup maple syrup. Whisk together. Sift in cacao powder a little at a time whisking together completely.
Scrape the sides of the bowl and whisk until smooth and glossy.
10. Remove heat and pour chocolate into moulds.
Let cool in fridge then remove from moulds carefully. Enjoy responsibly!
Raw Chocolate Hemp Sauce
A quick & easy recipe to celebrate any occasion! Use this nutritious decadent chocolate sauce to drizzle on organic fruit or create a chocolate fondue!
- 1 1/2 cups of spring water
- 7 – 9 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup raw organic cacao powder
- 5 tbsp of hemp seeds
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp of organic green stevia or add more dates if you would like sweeter
- pinch (1/8 tsp) sea salt
- 1/2 cup shredded raw organic cacao butter (optional for more rich chocolate taste)
- Estimated Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Will keep for: 5 days in the fridge or you can freeze for a longer period of time
1. If the Medjool dates are dry, try soaking them for 10 – 20 minutes to soften before making the sauce (otherwise you will end up with chunky bits!).
2. Blend all ingredients together in blender until smooth.
Source: Pomme Natural Market
Choc-Mint Bliss Balls
Something fresh, something chocolatey, totally yummy. You will love the unique chocolate and mint combination of these bliss balls. Pure deliciousness!
- 1½ cups packed medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- ¼ cup raw organic cacao powder
- 5-10 drops of mint extract (depending on preference)
Add all the ingredients to a food processor and let it run until a sticky dough forms around the blade. Roll into bite-sized energy balls and pop in the fridge for 20 minutes to set. If you like it more minty, add 10 drops, but 5 drops were plenty for us.
Source: Ote Super Foods
Superfood Chocolate Rice Krispies
This wholesome take on Rice Krispies gets sweetness from coconut nectar, chewy gooeyness from almond butter, and a host of goodness from hemp seeds, cacao nibs, and superfood chocolate. A gluten-free, vegan, and refined sugar-free recipe that still tastes like a treat.
- Raw Organic Almond butter
- Organic Brown rice
- Maple syrup
First, mix almond butter, chocolate, coconut oil, and a combination of brown rice and maple syrup in a bowl.
Second, gently melt with almond butter, coconut oil and coconut nectar. This forms the base for these delicious bars.
Finally, add hemp seeds and cacao nibs and than top them with extra chocolate.
Source: Bojon Gourmet
Chocolate Marijuana Fudge
Old School Fudge Meets New School Buds in this segment. It’s an easy recipe with very few ingredients creating a delicious and potent marijuana edible treat.
- 2 Cups Sundried Cane Juice Crystals
- 1/2 Cup Raw Organic Cacao Powder
- 1 Cup Almond Milk, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup (or a little more) marijuana infused butter, cannabutter, cannabis butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chopped nuts (optional)
1. Set the thermometer on the side of the sauce pan. Add in the 2 cups of sugar, half cup of cacao and the one cup of milk. Than using a whisk or a spoon stir them together.
2. Turn on the heat to medium and bring that mixture up to a boil. Continue stirring constantly while you bring it up to boil.
3. Once the mixture is up to boil stop stirring and reduce the heat to low. Now you will be watching the thermometer. Let it boil until it reaches 238 degrees fahrenheit.
4. When its 238 cut off the heat and let it cool below 150 degrees fahrenheit. Than you will add the marijuana butter and one tea spoon of vanilla extract. And if you want to use nuts, it’s time to add them in.
5. Next you have to turn all the component ingredients into a mixture. You can use a wooden spoon and stir with pressure. This will take some time and muscle. Stop when you see it has become thick and the glossiness gone.
6. When you have reached that thick stage of the mixture you are going to spread that out on the pan and flatten it out even
7. Finally put the pan in the refrigerator and let it cool for another 40-45 minutes.
Rooibos Acai Smoothie
This deep-coloured smoothie bowl is bursting with healthy fatty acids, thanks to acai powder, hemp seeds and linseeds. Red rooibos matcha tea and berries provide enough antioxidants to fight everyday stress. What’s more? This smoothie has a chocolatey berry flavour and an utterly creamy texture. Top with Alara Branberry Muesli and enjoy this bowl of natural goodness.
- 1 ripe organic banana
- 1 cup of organic mixed berries
- ¼ cup of almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon milled linseeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- ½ tablespoon acai powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Red Rooibos Matcha Tea
Put all ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
Top with muesli, granola, goji berries or your favourite bits.
Source: Ote Super Foods
Add, blend & drink or in this case, spoon in! Fibre-rich Baobab powder (45%!) and lucuma fruit powder give a tropical kick, while berries & seeds ensure the smooth texture. This smoothie is filled with antioxidants, Vitamin C, healthy fatty acids and soluble fibre to keep you going until lunch.
- 1.5 handful of fresh spinach leaf
- 1 cup fresh berries (raspberries, blueberries
- 3 teaspoons baobab powder
- 1 tablespoon shelled hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon goji berries & linseeds
- 1 tsp lucuma
- ½ cup water
Wash the spinach and berries and place in a blender along with the other ingredients. Blend it until smooth, thick and creamy. If you prefer your smoothies a little more runny, feel free to add more water or coconut water. Top with some fresh berries and enjoy!
Source: Ote Super Foods
A fresh, zingy protein salad, perfect for vegans and raw foodies. Hemp seeds contain all the essential amino acids we need and is a good supply of healthy fatty acids, fibre and vitamin E. Get yourself into the kitchen and whip up this beauty within no more than 10 minutes.
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup shelled hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Put parsley, mint and pink salt into a food processor and pulse until its finely chopped. Transfer the herb mixture into a mixing bowl. Add the tomatoes, hemp seeds, hemp oil and lemon juice and mix well. Serve with linseed crackers and store in an airtight container.
Source: Ote Super Foods
Chocolate Hemp Bark
The most simple, healthy and energy rich dish made with hemp. Ideal for desserts and snacks. With branded chocolates in it children can be easily tricked into having this health positive food.
- 6x Sacred Chocolate Holy Hemp Bars,
- 1/2 cup sliced raw almonds &
- 1/4 cup Hippie Butter hulled hemp seeds
Start with a double boiler. Make some warm water in it. Put the bowl of chocolate on top of it with the warm water underneath.
Stir the chocolates as they get heated from the warm water. Slowly they will melt down. This step can’t be rushed otherwise the taste will be compromised.
In the mean time take a glass plate. Pan shaped ones are always helpful to hold the liquid. Wrap it using saran wrap. It makes it easy to break the chocolate in smaller sizes.
Now pour the cup of sliced almonds and most of the hemp seeds. Leave some of them for topping. Keep stirring and make a smooth mixture.
In the end carefully put all the chocolate on the plate. Put the left over almonds and hemp seeds on top. Let it cool down and break it up in smaller pieces later. Now you have a hemp composed delicious chocolate dish ready to be served.
Source: Hippie Butter
These perfect foods are easy to digest so the body doesn’t need to do much at all to reap the benefits of its nutrients.