Bananas are awesome. They taste great on their own and can add some serious flavor to smoothies. But it turns out we’ve been eating them wrong.
At least that’s what Emily from Bite Size Vegan says.
When she posted a video highlighting what she eats in a day, people flipped out when they saw her method for eating bananas.
Her habit of eating banana peels is a bit unconventional compared to the standard Western habit of eating the soft fruit and avoiding the peel at all costs.
But it’s actually quite common in some parts of the world, such as Asia, where the peel is cooked in a variety of dishes.
And it’s catching on in the West thanks to many health experts remarking on the health benefits of doing so.
For example, did you know that the peel of a medium-sized banana contains…
- 12% of your daily fiber, which aids digestion and can lower your risk of diabetes
- 17% of your daily vitamin C intake, which is important for your immune system
- 20% of your daily vitamin B-6 intake, which helps your body convert food into energy
It turns out banana peels aren’t the only produce peels we take for granted. There are several peels that can have extraordinary health benefits . Have a look at this article to learn more.
Check out Emily’s video to learn about why she eats banana peels and the benefits she’s noticed as a result.
It’s important to note that you should be extremely careful about the banana peels you choose to eat. Non-organic banana peels will be covered in pesticides. Organic is the way to go. Try growing your own!
Looking for more banana-themed advice? Check out this video to learn the right time to eat a banana.
Latest posts by Brandon (see all)
- Footage Of Child Marriage In Australia Sparks Outrage - May 22, 2017
- Beware – Viral Tick Removal Method Could Leave You With Lyme Disease - May 22, 2017
- The Truth Behind This Weekend’s ‘Doomsday Vault Flood’ Hysteria - May 22, 2017
GET FREE E-COURSE HERE
Exclusive Newsletter, Video, Deals, Content And Video Updates