Pink & Purple Detox Salad
- 1 head organic curly kale, stems removed, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 avocado
- 2 small watermelon radishes, sliced thin or into sticks*
- 2 small purple radishes, sliced thin or into sticks
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley or cilantro
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 3 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- Juice of half a lime
- Pink salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Lay the radish slices on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, just until soft.**
- Meanwhile, put kale and chopped avocado in a large bowl. Wash your hands. Use your hands to massage and squeeze the avocado into the kale for 2-3 minutes, until kale is dark green and wilted a little.
- Add the remaining ingredients and the cooked radishes to the bowl. Mix well. Season with salt and lime juice to taste.
*You can use regular radishes if you can't find watermelon and purple.
**You can eat the radishes raw but I prefer to bake them in the winter to warm it up, plus mellows their bite.
Recipe by David Avocado Wolfe at https://www.davidwolfe.com/pink-purple-detox-salad/